Friday, September 2, 2011

Your Dekalb City Market

It's about twenty minutes from my apartment, but it was worth the trip!  Here is what you see when you first walk in:





And the first thing I thought was, "it's freezing in here and I forgot to bring a sweater!"  But then I entered the rest of the way and this was my next view:




And that's the last picture I took because then a man came up to me and very nicely told me that taking pictures was not allowed.  So I will have to depend (mostly) on my words to describe this place.

It is a huge wearhouse, filled with food - grocery items off all kinds and from all cuisines.  I bought, among other things, quince jam, some fish sauce, some capers, sliced almonds, anchovy stuffed olives, lentils and chick peas.  I took this picture at home.


There is a large wine section, and of course, lots of great produce.  That is a Jersey Mac apple.  I never heard of that type and so wanted to try.

The fish section is huge with so many kinds of fish from the standard salmon to octopus.  The only disappointment in the meat section was that the lamb, although american was very expensive and not that great looking.  The ground meat looked too fatty to me.  I did buy two lamb chops for dinner and they were delicous.

I didn't even look at the bread section and only glanced at the huge cheese section. Finally no longer able to handle how cold it was I had to get out into the nice hot and humid Atlanta air. 

The prices were great and the quality was outstanding.  I will be back to this place.




1 comment: